Alice 3 To Get Away Painting WIP 5
She’s nearly ready for the colour glaze! I’ve learned good stuff doing this. I’ve learned that the technique I taught myself over the last several years, which involves many, very thin washes, is not only needlessly difficult, but also actually destroys some of the properties of the acrylic; I should have been using an additive to make the colour transparent, rather than water, which eventually thins the acrylic so much, it barely bonds to the substrate, and is ridiculously hard to work with. I am hoping that, when I start using the proper additive, the work will be faster/easier after years of doing it the dumb, hard way; I’m aware, from the research I’ve been doing, that the transparentising medium presents problems of it’s own, so I will need to practice with it, first, so as not to ruin this painting, which I am very pleased with, so far.