Image

Lost Places

Lost Places

1. throughhisown

I have a painting by Tjimpayi Presley from the Katjikuta community in South Australia who makes great use of the purple/pink/red combination you have produced here.

August 14, 2013 at 2:53 am

• They work well together… purples and greens, being complementary colours, and purple and brown/orange being analogous colours, also work beautifully together.
      I found one of Tjimpayi Presley’s works on the net (Seven Sisters), there were some purples and a lot of red/browns.

August 14, 2013 at 4:05 am

• throughhisown

When I have time I’ll photograph and post it. I’m sure you will love the combinations forming the painting.

August 14, 2013 at 4:10 am

2. This one is beautiful!

August 15, 2013 at 11:38 pm

3. Oh, I have missed your work…Hi Chris 🙂 managed to pop in for a visit, I’m still in the land of living. I hope you are well? This piece is beautiful, it feels very different from your other work, yet its still very familiar.

October 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm

• Hi, Cari-Ann, nice to hear from you again. I read your latest post, explains why you’ve been absent… hope things get better for all. I’m having a bit of a creative void, myself, after a year or so of constant creation and posting… hopefully it will be a short void.
      The style of this work was something I worked on for a few posts before this, combining manipulated textures and digital painting; it became much more refined for the next few.

October 7, 2013 at 10:21 pm

• 🙂 thanks for the well wishes! Aah the creative ebb and flow, as it is with all of life. I also hope its a short void for you. Maybe this helps..when I’m feeling creatively blocked, I try something new that completely takes me out of me creative comfort zone, more often than not, that gets thing flowing again. I have been working more and more with digital pieces and I would truly value your feedback when I post them :). Chat again soon

October 8, 2013 at 6:33 am