Girl In A Coma

GirlInAComa

I love these girls to bits! I have their first, and third albums, Both Before I’m Gone (2007), and Adventures In Coverland (2010), and, needless to say, they were played a lot while I did this (:

This has been a deliberate exercise in creating a looser style… I’m pretty happy with it. It’s more fun, less of a grind and, of course, a hell of a lot faster.

1. I have one of their songs on my ipad “Joannie in the City”, catchy riff

November 20, 2013 at 1:10 am

• I’d not heard it, it’s off Trio BC, which I don’t have. Just listened to it, though, catchy indeed (:

November 20, 2013 at 1:48 am

2. Hmm…I thought I saw a lot less detail but was wondering if you were simply exhausted LOL!

November 20, 2013 at 6:44 pm

• I often think, when my pictures get to this stage ‘this looks great!’… then I spend another 10 hours making them look amazing, by which time they might as well be photos. It’s actually hard for me to leave them like this, but it’s getting easier, and I do like the rough, painterly look.

November 20, 2013 at 6:50 pm

3. I also love the rougher look here and yet I know all too well, that part inside every perfectionist that wants keep going and adding details until its ‘perfect’. Great job Chris. I’m not familiar with their music, however my feeling is that the looser style you have used here, is actually more appropriate and ‘illustrates’ the fun elements of their personalities and probably their music???

November 23, 2013 at 8:55 am