Eyes

eyes

Those few of my 500+ ‘followers’ who actually do follow me, and are familiar with my work/style/medium, will know I only work in Photoshop, sometimes Coral Painter or real paint, but hardly ever in Illustrator. I did this 4 years ago, when i was attempting to teach myself Illustrator, which I find too clinical for my taste. Those 5 followers who actually know my work will be aware I am very critical of my own work… still, upon rediscovering this buried in one of my external drives, I find it hard to believe I wrote it off, at the time, as rubbish! Looking at it now, I really like it, and am glad I didn’t simply delete it, as I’ve often done with other work that was probably not as bad as I thought.

1. Wow, you are very talented. Beautiful work. I also thought nothing of my half/abstract creation recently, until a friend of mine saw it at my home and told me he liked it. 🙂 So I followed his advice and published it on my blog:)

March 23, 2014 at 12:34 am

• Thank you. I see your work has been well received (:

March 23, 2014 at 12:45 am

2. Looks like somehow you managed to recapture in your latest work some elements of this earlier one. Maybe you were meant to go this way in the first place but just had to find out how to get there without being that too self-critical person you claim to be 🙂

March 23, 2014 at 1:28 am

• What I now see in this is that it’s very ‘painterly’ for Illustrator, which I still find quite clinical. I still prefer Photoshop where you use a ‘brush’, as apposed to Illustrator, where everything is done with ‘shapes’.

March 23, 2014 at 2:22 am

3. Will you consider not deleting stuff anymore?

March 23, 2014 at 1:43 am

4. Hi Chris 🙂 good to have you back. I’m so glad you didn’t delete this one, I see so much sweetness here, its a great testament to your work. Hahaha, I concur with riverpearl.

March 23, 2014 at 1:30 pm