Bad Things Out Tonight

badThing2

I think this is the first manipulated stock model image I’ve ever posted here… used to do a lot of them back in the day on dA; that early stuff makes me cringe, but it’s how I got here. The image I used for this is here.

As this blog was started to showcase my graphic design skills, I tend to post designerly versions of stuff here, if you want to see the less designerly version at dA, it’s here.

1. Had a look through the gallery over there. 🙂 Nice!

May 17, 2014 at 7:06 am

2. Definitely looks ba-a-a-d, not just bad but depraved. Not a fighter like some of your other ladies, maybe more on the hopeless side. I do like how the patterns on the skin and shirt kind of intertwine.

May 17, 2014 at 11:06 pm

• Thanks, Alli.
      When I saw the stock image I used for this, it just cried out for this kind of manipulation. I was going for jaded, too worn down by her centuries long, predatory existence to be depraved… but depraved is close enough. I always fall in love with my creations, so I like to think she might still have some kind of moral compass, but, no, she probably wouldn’t be much of a champion of the weak.
      Yes, it took a while to get her tats and her stained shirt patterns balanced right so they weren’t just one big texture.

May 17, 2014 at 11:26 pm

3. Hi Chris, Love the pattern, although, am alittle scared. K

May 18, 2014 at 10:43 pm

• Thanks, Kirsty. She’s gorgeously scary, isn’t she (:

May 19, 2014 at 6:43 am

4. Interesting one Chris scary to save the least.. good work

May 20, 2014 at 6:38 pm

5. So refreshing to see an image of a young woman manipulated to be interesting and not sexualized. Good work!

May 21, 2014 at 5:02 pm