Image

Gogo

GogoSeventeen hours work, seven of those today… my eyes are sore (:

Please click for large view.

1. Beautiful 🙂

May 24, 2015 at 10:04 am

2. Every hour worth it ☺

May 24, 2015 at 9:23 pm

3. worth it and brilliant!

May 27, 2015 at 2:16 am

• Thanks, Kirsty (: Two years ago, this would have taken 40+ hours, and would not have been as brilliant… this is, of course, very inspiring for me.

May 27, 2015 at 4:48 am

4. wow, this is superb! Love the tattoos. You have talent.
    Jessie

May 30, 2015 at 9:29 pm

• Thanks, Jessie (: I really love this, too. I think of this as a work of art, inspired by a work of art, Gogo being the work of art (:

May 30, 2015 at 9:39 pm

5. Inese Poga Art Gallery

Yes, really fantastic!

May 31, 2015 at 2:28 am

6. She’s gorgeous, Chris! Really nice expression, and you rendered the tats beautifully!

May 31, 2015 at 4:41 pm

• Thanks Elena. She’s really, really gorgeous, physically, but also her ink-work is fabulous. I really like painting inked woman, for some reason… the tattoo’s are another layer of artwork, within an artwork, and they are always a different style/kind of art to the overall photo-realist style I aspire to. The thing I like most about this is the sense/feel/look of lushness that the tats give, both from their colour and their complexity, and I accentuated that with the background, and got this overall tonal(?) richness that sets off her gorgeous, pale facial colouration… or that’s my take on it, anyway; never quite sure if what I just described is a ‘tonal’ thing, or a ‘palette’ thing, or both… or none (:

May 31, 2015 at 8:37 pm