Image

Gogo 2

Gogo2

Another one of this gorgeous person (:

1. Constantly entertained by how your work can look so real and so unreal at the same time.

June 8, 2015 at 5:43 pm

• I sort of know what you’re saying… could you elaborate?

June 8, 2015 at 5:51 pm

• I can try…the detail in each image is hyper-real in its complexity, which supports the reality of the look. However, I get a feeling sometimes, maybe from the paleness of the color values, (although that’s not always necessarily true in say, photography) that I’m looking at a somewhat flattened image–which in the loss of its dimensionality appears less real. Don’t know if that makes any sense but it’s the best I can do. 🙂

June 10, 2015 at 2:50 am

• Oh. I thought you meant the stylised way I represent hair was the unreal element.
        We must ‘see’ differently. For me, light and shade are the visual indicators of volume/dimensionality. I do my best to represent light falling consistently on the planes/angles of the face, with the correct shading. To me, it looks like I do a reasonable job of representing the human face as an object of angles/planes, hollows and curves. No matter how hard I try, I cannot see this image as flat/flattened. Of course, it is, because it really isn’t a 3D object, it’s a painting of one.

June 10, 2015 at 6:02 pm

• Not to worry. Each of us has a unique way of seeing, and a lot of it is emotional rather than physical. Be glad your art can relate to different people in different ways 🙂

June 13, 2015 at 1:30 am