Image

Hammer of the Wind WIP 2

W66small

Finally finished her chain mail!! Jeez, that was tedious! But worth it (:

Between hours spent laboriously toiling away on the mail links, worked on other details to relieve the monotony, but most of the time spent on Hammer since the last WIP I posted, has been spent on that mail. Yay, now I can really get going… I’m loving my Wind Hammer!

As always, I have listened to a constant musical diet whilst working on this, from Grimes and Helicopter Girl, to Cults and KT Tunstall, but two tracks I’ve thrashed a bit, are Maleficent Flies, and Escape from the Tower, both by James Newton Howard… they are perfect Hammer soundtracks! I can totally see her single-handedly kicking Troll ass with Escape from the Tower blasting in the background (:

1. Chain mail was worth it. End result looks good 🙂

December 26, 2015 at 10:07 pm

• Cheers! She’s nowhere near finished, yet, but I’d decided on chain mail, and I have no regrets, now that the donkey work (and RSI) is over. Thanks for the feedback; makes it all worthwhile (:

December 26, 2015 at 10:18 pm

2. For the sake of the chain mail, I just hope she doesn’t gain or lose weight any time soon.

December 27, 2015 at 5:17 pm

• This is a WIP, so her mail could wind up more practical, I’ve certainly considered practicality versus artistic licence. At this stage, lets say her mail is magical, self-supporting, form-fitting Dwarven mail.

December 27, 2015 at 8:13 pm

3. Inese Poga Art plus Life

Looks amazing, actually.

December 30, 2015 at 3:31 am

• Thank you, Inese.. that means a lot to me, coming from you! Wait till you see the finished painting (:

December 30, 2015 at 3:44 am